Incredible benefits of direct deposit
Other formats available for download:
PDF: "Incredible benefits of direct deposit" infographic
(Opens in a new window)
PNG: The "Incredible benefits of direct deposit" infographic
(Opens in a new window)
At the top of the infographic, the Government of Canada signature appears.
The "Incredible benefits of direct deposit" infographic demonstrates the benefits of using direct deposit rather than a cheque to receive your federal payments. Visual graphics are used to illustrate both the journey of a federal payment received by cheque and that of one received by direct deposit.
At the top of the infographic, the Parliament Buildings are depicted with the words "choose the path that represents the best way for your federal payment to go from the Government of Canada to your bank account."
A pile of coins is depicted and underneath there are two paths, columns of picture icons that depict the journey of a cheque compared to that of a direct deposit payment.
Under the path of the journey of a federal payment by cheque:
- the cheques are printed and then stored in a government print centre before getting picked up by Canada Post
- the cheque is included in the mail-sorting process and delivered by a mail carrier to your mailbox.
- The graphic demonstrates various elements and unforeseen circumstances that may delay the delivery of a cheque, such as bad weather
- in most cases, payment recipients must travel to a financial institution or to an automated teller machine (ATM) to deposit the government cheque into a bank account before having access to their money.
- The graphic demonstrates various elements and unforeseen circumstances that may once again delay depositing the cheque into a bank account, such as mobility or transportation issues, a busy schedule or bad weather
The journey of a federal payment by direct deposit is directly to you:
- the federal payment is deposited directly into a bank account, giving recipients immediate access to their money
The following facts, along with graphics, illustrate the benefits of direct deposit:
- A graphic of the earth shows how direct deposit reduces CO2 emissions
- A graphic of a lock illustrates how direct deposit keeps your money safe
- A graphic of a clock demonstrates the convenience and time saved when receiving your payment by direct deposit
- A graphic of a dollar sign depicts how direct deposit saves taxpayer dollars
- A short summary reads "Who knew? Getting your "green" faster is also cheaper and greener"
At the bottom of the infographic, the following slogan appears: "It’s your money—Get it fast."
If you’re part of the minority of Canadians who still receive paper cheques from the government, you’re missing out on the chance to make your life a lot easier in only a few steps.
Enrol in direct deposit now at directdeposit.gc.ca.
The Canada wordmark appears at the end of the infographic.
- Date modified: