Canada direct deposit enrolment form completion instructions
This fillable form has been designed to make it easier for you to enrol in direct deposit. The following is a step by step guide to assist you in the proper completion of this form.
The enrolment form is divided into 5 parts. They are:
- Part A ‑ Identification information
- Part B ‑ Payment information
- Part C ‑ Banking information
- Part D ‑ Legal representative
- Part E ‑ Consent
If you intend to fill out the form by hand, please print clearly and use capital letters in all sections.
Part A - Identification information
This section allows you to identify your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and Social insurance number (SIN).
- Enter your surname, given name and initials in the boxes provided, one letter per box.
- Enter your address information including the name of the city, province and postal code.
- Enter your area code and telephone number, in the event that you need to be contacted to seek clarification on the information provided.
- Enter your date of birth in the format identified.
- Enter your Social insurance number.
All fields are mandatory.
You have now completed Part A - Identification information.
Part B - Payment information
This section allows you to specify the payment(s) you want directly deposited into your Canadian account. Please select all the payments you currently receive by cheque and the department responsible for these payments will ensure your enrolment is processed.
- Enter a check mark () beside the appropriate program(s).
You must check at least one box.
You have now completed Part B ‑ Payment Information.
Part C - Banking information
You can attach a blank cheque for your bank account with "VOID" written on it, or provide your account information by completing Part C.
The account must be in your name. A joint account is also acceptable.
If you did not attach a "VOID" cheque, this section provides specific fields for you to capture your direct deposit account information which includes the branch number, institution number, account number and the name(s) of account holder(s) to which the electronic payment is to be directed.
Your branch number, financial institution number and account number can be found at the bottom of your cheque.
The digits at the bottom of your cheque are described below.
- The first set of digits are a cheque number: not required
- The second set of digits (5 digits) are the Branch number: required
- The third set of digits (3 digits) are the Institution number: required
- The last set of digits (various lengths) are the Account number: required
You have now completed Part C - Banking information.
Part D - Legal representative
If the applicant is signing Part E of this form on their own behalf, Part D does not need to be completed.
If you are signing the form on the applicant's behalf, as the applicant's legal representative, indicate your name, role, address and telephone number.
Examples of 'Role' can include Power of Attorney, Executor, Legal Guardian, Public Trustee, etc.
Part E - Consent
Once completed, you must sign the bottom of the enrolment form. By signing you are confirming that you have read and agreed with the consent statement on the form.
In order to complete and sign this form for someone else, you must be legally authorized to sign on behalf of that person. (See Part D)
The first direct deposit may take approximately three months after receipt of your completed enrolment form.
- Date modified: