Annual Pensioner’s Statement: February 2024—Public Service Pension Plan

The Annual Pensioner’s Statement has details about your monthly pension and provides you with an overview of your pension and benefits. Below, you will find the articles included in the statement.

On this page

Annual indexing

The annual indexing rate for 2024 is 4.8%.

In most cases, if you retired before 2023, the full indexing rate will be applied to your pension in January 2024. If you retired in 2023, a prorated indexing rate based on the number of full calendar months remaining in 2023 will be applied to your pension. For example, if you retired in November 2023, your indexing rate would be 1/12 of the full year (December only), starting in January 2024. The indexing rate also applies to the survivor pension. For more information on how the indexing is applied, visit Pension and benefits.

Important information about your pension entitlements

Your public service pension is made up of two parts:

Important: You must inform the Pension Centre immediately if you become eligible to receive a CPP or QPP disability benefit. Failure to do so could result in an overpayment of your pension, which you’ll be required to repay.

If you have questions about your CPP or Old Age Security (OAS) benefits, please contact Service Canada at 1‑800‑277‑9914. If you have questions about your QPP benefits, please contact Retraite Québec at 1‑800‑463‑5185.

2023 tax statements

A hard copy of your year-end tax statements will be mailed by the end of February and you should receive them by March 15, 2024. Did you know that if you register with My Account on the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) portal at, you’ll have access to your year-end tax statements and all other available services. My Account is a convenient and secure way to view your year-end tax statements.

Do you have to pay income tax every year when you file your tax return

If you have to pay income tax every year when you file your tax return, you can request that more tax be deducted from your monthly pension. To do so, call the Pension Centre or send them a completed TD1—Personal Tax Credits Return form. Consult the Canada Revenue Agency—Taxes website or call 1‑800‑959‑8281 for more information.

Information on Survivor Pension

Your married or common-law spouse may receive a survivor pension if you married or began living in a common-law relationship before you retired and that union remains constant until you pass away. If you married after retirement, you may elect to provide your married spouse with the Optional Survivor Benefit (OSB) by taking a reduction in your own pension. This option must be made within 1 year of marriage or 1 year from your pension start date, whichever is later. For more information on survivor benefits, visit Pension and benefits.

Will you be returning to work after retirement

If you accept employment in the public service and meet the eligibility criteria to contribute to the public service pension plan, your monthly pension payments will be affected. Your ongoing pension payments will be stopped and only restart once you are no longer employed in the public service. Your future pension will be recalculated to include the additional period of service and your indexing will be based on your new employment end date. For more information on re-employment after retirement, visit Pension and benefits.

Important reminders

Contact information

Call Monday to Friday

Have your pension number ready.

7 am to 5 pm (Eastern Time)
Outside Canada and the United States:
506‑533‑5800 (collect calls accepted)
7 am to 4 pm (Eastern Time)
Telephone Teletype (TTY):
506‑533‑5990 (collect calls accepted)
7 am to 4 pm (Eastern Time)

Visit Pension and benefits

Government of Canada Pension Centre
Mail Facility
PO Box 8000
Matane QC  G4W 4T6

To allow us to access your pension file, please provide your:

Date modified: