Security screening for government contracts
Explore how Public Services and Procurement Canada’s Contract Security Program (CSP) can help eligible organizations participate in Government of Canada as well as foreign government contracts. Learn about the government security screening processes, including the types and levels of security required to safeguard sensitive information, assets and work sites.
Role of the Contract Security Program
The CSP helps eligible organizations participate in Government of Canada and foreign government contracts. The CSP provides security screening of organizations and their personnel for solicitations and contracts with security requirements. The CSP works with Canadian organizations and foreign governments to protect national and international security, as well as the private information of Canadians.
About security requirements
Security requirements specify the levels of security required to safeguard sensitive information, assets and work sites. Clauses containing security requirements are included in federal government contracts.
Understand the levels of security required to safeguard sensitive information, assets and work sites.
More information about security requirements
Why security screening is important
Security screening ensures that only trusted individuals and organizations with a valid need to know may gain access to:
- sensitive government information such as military plans
- personal information such as financial records of Canadians
When an organization needs security screening
An organization requires security screening if it is participating in a solicitation or contract with security requirements.
Learn more on the eligibility criteria for organization screening.
Details and description of the security requirements for a solicitation or contract can be found in the:
- bid solicitation documents included in the tender notice
- Security requirements check list form (TBS/SCT 350-103) completed by the contracting department
For more information about the security requirements of a solicitation or contract, communicate with the contract authority or procurement officer assigned to the solicitation or contract.
Types of security screenings
The security screenings that the CSP provides are:
- Organization security screening
- This determines if the organization participating in government solicitations and contracts meets the security requirements of the solicitation or contract.
- Personnel security screening
- This determines if an employee can be trusted with protected or classified information, assets or work sites.
Other security requirements
In addition, your organization may need to obtain security for subcontractors and for international contracts. Learn more about:
- Date modified: