Security screening for government contracts
Explore how Public Services and Procurement Canada’s (PSPC) Contract Security Program (CSP) can help your private sector organization participate in Government of Canada as well as foreign government contracts. Learn about the government security screening processes including the types and levels of security required to safeguarding sensitive information, assets and work sites.
Role of the Contract Security Program
PSPC's CSP helps private sector organizations participate in Government of Canada and foreign government contracts. The Program provides security screening of organizations and their personnel for contracts with security requirements. It works with Canadian organizations and foreign governments to protect national and international security, as well as the private information of Canadians.
About security requirements
Security requirements specify the levels of security required to safeguard sensitive information, assets and work sites. Clauses containing security requirements are included in federal government contracts with private sector organizations.
Understand the levels of security required to safeguard sensitive information and assets
More information about security requirements
Why security screening is important
Security screening ensures that only trusted individuals and organizations with a valid need to know may gain access to:
- sensitive government information such as military plans
- personal information such as financial records of Canadians
When an organization needs security screening
Security screening is required if the organization is bidding or working on a contract with security requirements.
Details and description of the security requirements for a contract can be found by consulting the:
- request for proposal
- security requirements checklist (TBS/SCT 350-103) completed by the contracting department
To find more information about the security requirements of a contract, contact the contract authority or procurement officer assigned to the contract.
Types of security screenings
The security screenings that PSPC's CSP provides are:
- Organization security screening
- This determines if the organization bidding or working on government contracts can meet the security requirements of the contract.
- Personnel security screening
- This determines if an employee can be trusted to gain access to protected or classified information, assets or secure sites.
Other security requirements
In addition, your organization may need to obtain security for subcontractors and for international contracts. Learn about:
- Date modified: