Artificial intelligence source list
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) is putting into operation the Artificial intelligence source list to facilitate the procurement of Canada’s requirements for Artificial intelligence (AI).
After research and consultation with industry, academia, and civil society, Canada identified 3 AI categories and business outcomes to inform this method of supply:
- Insights and predictive modelling
- Machine interactions
- Cognitive automation
What has Public Services and Procurement Canada completed to date
- A Request for information was posted on June 28, 2018 to help Canada better understand the market, the offerings, as well as the pricing methodologies currently in use in this domain.
- An industry day was held on July 20, 2018 with over 130 participants from industry, Government (specialists, business/program area leaders, and Chief Information Officer's) and partners.
- One-on-one meetings were held with industry from September 4 to 12, 2018.
- An Invitation to qualify on the source list was posted on BuyandSell.gc.ca and closed on November 5, 2018.
- A total of 87 responses were received. Following the evaluations, 74 suppliers were prequalified. The Artificial intelligence source list was published on January 15, 2019.
- PSPC is working with the Canada School of Public Service (CSPS) on the first procurement to use the AI source list. The solicitation for the CSPS interactive regulatory evaluation platform was issued on BuyandSell.gc.ca on Feb 28, 2019.
- Currently, client departments must forward their AI requirements to the PSPC AI procurement team at IA-AI@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca for direction on how to process their requirements.
- PSPC is in the process of developing guidance tools (templates, guides, etc.) to enable the broader use of the source list.
- The AI source list will be refreshed regularly to add new suppliers and make improvements.
The PSPC AI team has setup a GCCollab webpage to share the draft guidance tools to assist client departments in starting the AI procurement process. The webpage also provides an opportunity to provide feedback to assist the PSPC AI procurement team in making the documents easier for client departments to use.
If you do not have access to the GCCollab environment, please contact the PSPC AI procurement team at IA-AI@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca, and we will provide you a link to access the webpage.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the PSPC AI procurement team at IA-AI@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: