Standing offer: Audiovisual equipment
Goods and Services Identification Number (GSIN): N5836
National Master Standing Offer
What do we buy
Audiovisual (AV) equipment commonly consisting of commercial grade sound systems, microphones, interpretation equipment, professional video cameras, large monitors/displays, video walls, digital signage systems, projectors, AV control systems, switchers and management software and electronic whiteboards as well as services related to AV system review, installation, programing and system relocation services for deployment in and around Government of Canada installations.
How do we buy
- Standing offers (SO) are used to buy commercial grade AV equipment and related services.
- One solicitation is issued for the requirement and open to all suppliers.
- Suppliers are typically integrators authorized to sell, install and maintain various AV equipment manufacturer(s).
- Suppliers compete by offering percentage discounts off of manufacturer supplied dealer price lists. The suppliers are ranked by discount percentage making it easy for clients to find the supplier with the best overall value.
- Responsive offers ranked within the top three percentage discounts per manufacturer, within any one of the six SO regions across Canada are issued a standing offer.
- Users normally select the lowest priced suppliers identified within their region, however supplier selection flexibility is permitted when savings to the Government are supported by technical, licensing or best overall value justifications.
Value / Savings / Considerations
As a result of the business volume, economies of scale are generated by the use of the SO. Canada benefits from having quick access to a wide selection of AV suppliers, products and services as well as being able to use an efficient procurement method to fulfill their requirements.
- Date modified: