Task and solutions professional services
Preparing for Canada Buys
Recently, Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) launched CanadaBuys, a new suite of procurement services to help suppliers do business with the Government of Canada. The new services are designed to be easier and quicker to use than ever.
To prepare for the transition to CanadaBuys, suppliers are encouraged to register their business through SAP Ariba, the new electronic procurement solution. Please contact the CanadaBuys service desk should there be any trouble getting started on SAP Ariba.
On this page
Task and solutions professional services (TSPS) consists of 2 mandatory supply arrangements (SAs) allowing client departments to solicit competitive bids from a pool of pre-qualified suppliers for non-informatics professional services requirements, the:
- task-based SA
- solutions-based SA
While the task-based SA is reserved for requirements estimated at or above the Canada Korea Free Trade Agreement (CKFTA) threshold, the solutions-based SA has no minimum threshold. For task-based requirements below the CKFTA threshold, please visit ProServices.
The task-based SA covers 6 core areas of expertise that are commonly and nationally used:
- human resources
- business consulting/change management
- project management
- real property project management
- technical engineering and maintenance
- health services
The solutions-based SA covers the same areas of expertise except for health services.
Request for supply arrangement: Ongoing opportunity to qualify
Suppliers interested in being issued a supply arrangement must first pre-qualify under TSPS through our request for supply arrangement (RFSA) process. The following RFSAs are perpetual and are refreshed on a quarterly basis which align with the Government of Canada’s fiscal year quarters, as demonstrated in the table below.
The RFSA tender notices can be found on the buy and sell site using the below links:
Refreshes are for both:
- new suppliers
- existing suppliers who wish to submit a proposal to update their SA profile (e.g. to be qualified under a new category/stream). Existing suppliers who do not wish to add/update their available categories/levels do not need to submit a proposal for a 'refresh'
|FY Quarter||Opening date
(first business day of the month)
(last business day of the month)
|Estimated award date
(subject to change)
|Q1||April||June||End of September|
|Q2||July||September||End of December|
|Q3||October||December||End of March|
|Q4||January||March||End of June|
Using these supply arrangements
The links below provide information regarding the use of the TSPS task-based and solutions-based supply arrangements.
- Supply arrangement—Task-based
- Streams and categories
- Supply arrangement—Solutions-based
- How the task and solutions professional services method of supply works
- Guidance for clients: Available on GCpedia by searching for “Task solutions and professional services (TSPS)” or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contracting with former public servants under a supply arrangement
Centralized Professional Services System ePortal
The Centralized Professional Services System (CPSS) is the e-portal for Professional Services and home to the TSPS method of supply.
For contact information please refer to PSPC's Contact acquisitions page.
- Date modified: